On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 8:55 AM Jason Sterne (Nokia) <jason.sterne=
40nokia....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Hi WG,
>
> (and in particular to those who attended the interim).
>

> The summary below mostly matches my memory of the discussions, but I don’t
> really remember us concluding on this:
>

>      The WG agreed to let 7950-bis "update" 8342 (NMDA) with the
>
>      clarification the <running> alone does not have to be valid.
>
>      E.g., clients may have to perform transforms to calculate
>
>      <intended>, which is subject to validation.

I do not have a problem with "<running> SHOULD always be valid" (instead of
MUST).
IMO the lack of standards for the "magic" that converts <running> into
<intended> should be fixed.
There was going to be metadata like an "enabled" flag on <running> data
nodes. This never happened.
Too bad, because this solution could support both NMDA and non-NMDA
deployments.

Andy