NETMOD,

An IESG member reviewing one of my drafts flagged a section I had written to
satisfy this text from
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8407#section-3.5:

       If the document contains a YANG module(s) that is compliant with NMDA
       [RFC8342], then the Introduction section should mention this fact.

       Example:

         The YANG data model in this document conforms to the Network
         Management Datastore Architecture defined in  RFC 8342.

What does "compliant with NMDA” actually mean?   Are not all modules
“compliant”, even if they unnecessarily define some opstate nodes?

Does this sentence actually point to if the document publishes any so called
“-state” modules, defined only to support legacy “non-NMDA” servers?

Does it make sense to clarify this text, since rfc8407bis is an open WG
document at the moment?

Thanks,
Kent