On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 12:07 PM Kent Watsen <kent+i...@watsen.net> wrote:

> NETMOD,
>
> An IESG member reviewing one of my drafts flagged a section I had written
> to satisfy this text from
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8407#section-3.5:
>
>        If the document contains a YANG module(s) that is compliant with
> NMDA
>        [RFC8342], then the Introduction section should mention this fact.
>
>        Example:
>
>          The YANG data model in this document conforms to the Network
>          Management Datastore Architecture defined in  RFC 8342.
>

> What does "compliant with NMDA” actually mean?   Are not all modules
> “compliant”, even if they unnecessarily define some opstate nodes?

I do not recall the discussions that led to that text.

> Does this sentence actually point to if the document publishes any so
> called “-state” modules, defined only to support legacy “non-NMDA” servers?

I think the state modules are optional, so it is still unclear what NMDA
conformance means for a YANG module.

Does it make sense to clarify this text, since rfc8407bis is an open WG
> document at the moment?

maybe it means to follow all the guidelines in 4.23.3
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8407#section-4.23.3

maybe remove this other text you cite.