Hello Italo,

Thanks for commenting.

> The idea of using templates to avoid repeating the same set of information on
> multiple
> instances look a good idea and valid in general, as a YANG modelling specific
> issue.
> IMHO we should further explore what needs to be changed in existing models to
> support templates.

Yes, it was indeed one of the key message of our presentation
slides-120-netmod-10-bbf-liaison-on-management-at-scale-projects<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/120/materials/slides-120-netmod-10-bbf-liaison-on-management-at-scale-projects>
 that templates would greatly improve the observed scalability issue. We plan
to write an RFC to clarify the template mechanism and its implications.

Using templates also means transmitting much less data from the client to the
device server, e.g. during a copy-config. Naturally, this would accordingly
reduce protocol transmission penalty. It also greatly reduces the footprint of
the running data store on the persistent memory of the device.

Best regards,
Robert