In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   Tony Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Using dialup,

Same here ATM.

> I launch the 10-minute wget-download

Mine uses cURL

> only if the SVN change-details suggest that a new version exists. If
> unsure, I check the download page, first.

Which is where I came in - the download page does not, here, always show
updates. I had assumed this was due to a cache somewhere along the line, as
I can fool it by adding a fictional PHP-type query to the URL.

Unfortunately NetSurf remembers all these, and I am running out of
inventiveness. It would be better if it didn't happen - which was why I
requested that the page didn't allow itself to be cached.

Rob tells me NTL don't cache anymore, so I'm at a loss as to what is going
on!

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/
           E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate