In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   Roger Darlington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Double-clicking the mouse button over text in the Google writeable
> icon does not select the text so that the next letter I write in it
> deletes the previous text.

> This does work for the URL writeable icon, but not for the Google
> search writeable icon.

> Is it supposed to?

Writable icons in web pages (text inputs and textareas) do not support
this behaviour because there is currently no code in NetSurf to do it.
Please submit a feature request..

The behaviour of writable icons in NetSurf's RISC OS front end is handled
by the OS. Therefore these writable icons support this behaviour if you
run NetSurf on a version of the OS that supports it (ROL OS since
Select 3), or you run some module that provides similar functionality on
other versions of RISC OS.

Michael

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/