On 5 Nov 2008 druck lit the blue touch paper:

> Richard Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I can replicate this problem to order. I open a window on NetSurf which
>> loads my local home page, http://localhost/
>> (internet.websites.index/html), from WebJames.

> You are attempting to use a cooperatively multitasked operating system
> to both serve and display content, expect such problems even if the
> browser is working acceptibly with external servers.

The problem seems to be that NetSurf isn't cooperating because it's
spending all its time clocking up the time and not releasing control
to any oter task. But is this really the case? What about all the
other processes that need to run if an object is requested and
received from a remote server? Are they all interrupt-driven?

Why should this occur when NS is requesting a style sheet and not when
it's requesting an image? Other browsers can cooperate with WebJames
so NS should be able to.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/