In article <5057ec518ce...@ejclark.force9.co.uk>,
   Evan Clark <e...@ejclark.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> Recent builds since the improved support for the non-Unicode font manager
> seem to be upsetting the generation of font menus.

> Font menus generated within any other application while NetSurf is
> running seem to ignore any default weights set using the * character in
> Message1 files. After quitting NetSurf, font menus are generated as
> expected.

     I have what might be a related problem - I don't know whether it has
something to do with encodings or messages files. I have a font family
called "Greek" with flavours Arial, Courier, Poly and Trinity.

     The firat two and last flavours seem to follow the ISO8859 Greek
variant. Poly, however, is a full Greek font including all accented
characters - including, in particular U+1f21 - which I noted when browsing
was merely displayed as the hex code square - but when the latest Netsurf
re-read all the font files it quite happily read these without complaint. I
suspect that there might need to be an encoding file - but haven't the
faintest idea how to build one which includes the Unicode code points (I do
have the Unicode standard book so could write one if someone were able to
tell me how - and where to put it and what to call it).

     Has anyone had this problem or a similar one? Is it possible to do
anything about setting up encoding and/or message files for this font (in
plain and italic variants)?

               All advice gratefully received!

                              Keith Hopper

--