On 21 May 2009 as I do recall,
          Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> On 19 May 2009 list wrote:
>
> > On 20 May, Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> >> This sounds like the old 'singletasking while fetching stylesheets'
> >> problem [...snip] In other words, you don't actually have to quit
> >> NetSurf:   just sit out the three minutes....
>
> > Yes that's the syndrome. I can't close the offending window to stop the
> > fetch, and thought I was quite silly when waiting that 60+ min. Now I see
> > I have yet to experience silly ;)
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to abort the fetch by hitting Escape?

Not without specific Escape-detecting code inserted in that part of
NetSurf, presumably.   And as I assume the application thinks it's still
multitasking in the desktop background at this point, that might be
difficult....

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Do not underestimate the power of the Force.