In article <1247166925.32517.183.ca...@duiker>, John-Mark Bell
<j...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 19:35 +0100, Tim Hill wrote:
> > In article <1247005795.32517.169.ca...@duiker>, John-Mark Bell
> > <j...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> > > Not really. There's just no sensible way to determine that the
> > > available fonts have changed.
> >
> > ? Other apps (e.g. Artworks) seem to notice when changes are made to
> > the available fonts.
> >
> > > At least, not without yet another support module.
> >
> > Ah.

> There are many useful state-change notifications which are only sent to
> modules. The font path changing is one of them.

> Aside from this, making RUfl (and its clients) able to handle this
> information is decidedly non-trivial. Personally, I've better things to
> be doing with my time.

Fair enough. As I have said elsewhere, I don't find font scanning too
intrusive personally and frankly though it would perhaps be more complete
to include such functionality there would be little or no benefit in
scanning many fonts used on an ad-hoc basis.

There are even other font issues more pressing than this, never mind the
other more beneficial things you are up to.

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com