Tim Hill wrote:
In article <1247166925.32517.183.ca...@duiker>, John-Mark Bell
<j...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

There are many useful state-change notifications which are only sent to
modules. The font path changing is one of them.

Aside from this, making RUfl (and its clients) able to handle this
information is decidedly non-trivial. Personally, I've better things to
be doing with my time.

Fair enough. As I have said elsewhere, I don't find font scanning too
intrusive personally and frankly though it would perhaps be more complete
to include such functionality there would be little or no benefit in
scanning many fonts used on an ad-hoc basis.

The RUFL scanning process is currently too long to be performed as a response to font path change notifications. It would have to be altered to perform scanning in the background in order not to lock out the user at arbitrary times (i.e. other than wen having started a RUFL using application such as NetSurf).

Cheers
---David

--
Email: dr...@druck.org.uk