On 26 Apr, Rob Kendrick wrote in message
    <20100426192242.34a3d...@trite.i.flarn.net.i.flarn.net>:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:21:53 +0100 Kevin Wells <kevinwe...@talktalk.net>
> wrote:
>
> > How easy would the RISC OS front end be to maintain.
> >
> > I'm not bad at BASIC know a bit of PHP, so may be able to get to grips
> > if not to complicated.
>
> If you don't already have experience and knowledge of C, it's very very
> complicated.

And even if you do have said experience, it probably isn't a five-minute
thing to pick up (at least to the level required to fix the Core Treeview
problems).  You might want to add to the requirements some familiarity with
OSLib and of writing Wimp applications without the help of the toolbox, too.

That said: if anyone is reading this with the necessary experience, and
wants to help, I'll try and share what little knowledge I've accumulated of
the RISC OS frontend over the past few months.  I'm not offering to teach C,
OSLib or the use of the Wimp to anyone, however. :-)

I've put up a list (which is almost certainly incomplete) of things still to
do to make the RISC OS front-end compatible with the Core Treeview branch on
the development Wiki, at

  http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Todo/RISC_OS_frontend

If anyone can help, get in touch via the netsurf-dev mailing list.  That way
we can make sure that we don't end up doing the same things twice, and I can
also try and explain how I envisaged the remaining bits slotting together
(although better ideas would be welcomed :-).

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/