Michael Bell  wrote on 24 Sep:
> Sorry, too clever for me. What exactly should I do?

 click on the link that Michael Drake gave.  that will open your
hotlist file in a browser window.

 then Adjust-click on the "flame" button at the top of the window.
that will add Michael's link to the bottom of your hotlist.  (which is
the same way as you add anything else to the hotlist.)

now, given its purpose, this item would be handier at the TOP of your
hotlist, so:

 open the hotlist in the usual way (F6 over a browser window or use
the iconbar menu).

 Adjust-drag the new item ("Netsurf hotlist") up to the top of the
list.  (sounds like you have a long list, so you might have to move it
up by a windowful at a time -- would help to maximize the hotlist
window.)

now you can just click that "Netsurf hotlist" item at the top of your
hotlist:  your hotlist opens in the form of a browser window, which
you can search.  QED.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
see you at London Acorn show? -- Oct 23 -- www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk