On 21 Feb, Dave Symes wrote in message
    <51a92eecbdd...@triffid.co.uk>:

> Erm! Sorry, could someone please explain what RISC OS toolbar?
>
> I'm using (21st Feb) R11746 and the UI looks exactly the same as last
> weeks and previously.

Er, that's kind of the point.  If it looks different, I've probably got it
wrong. :-)

More helpfully, r11741 last night saw the introduction of a new
implementation of the toolbar and menu handling in the RISC OS frontend.
Apart from the fact that websites' favicons now appear in the URL field,
there's little visible difference from a user's point of view.  That's the
idea.

Underneath, however, things are very different.  The code has been broken up
into manageable chunks, menu handling split into logical bits and the
toolbars are now composed of separate widgets that work together instead of
being one big splat of code.  As such, it's finally possible to comprehend
what might actually need to be done to add new features: such as the
aforementioned favicons.  Some other possible ideas *might* include a
websearch toolbar, for example, or tabbed browsing (both of which have been
in other frontends for a while).

In the meantime, bug reports from RISC OS users are now even more welcome.
If something /has/ changed (relative to NetSurf 2.6), there's a good chance
that I've broken it.  If I have, I'd really like to know so that I can fix
it again...

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England             Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Show
                                              Saturday 16 April 2011