In article <mpro.lhgcnk00g5x2o01l4.li...@stevefryatt.org.uk>,
   Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:
> On 2 Mar, Richard Porter wrote in message
>     <5a1891ad51.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>:

> > On 1 Mar 2011 Chris Newman  wrote:
> >
> > > In the Netsurf help documentation it says thus.........
> >
> > > To use interactive help, suitable software must be running. The program
> > > 'Help' is shipped with all RISC OS computers and it can be run from
> > > NetSurf's Help > Interactive helpmenu item."
> >
> > !Help is run from the Apps window, not from NetSurf.

> >From looking at the code, I think that NetSurf will try and launch any
> > known  Interactive Help client when that menu item is selected (assuming >
> > > that one  it recognises isn't already running).

Yes. That happens here. It recognises !Bubble help by Miles Sabin
(distributed by David Pilling), !Float by someone called Steve Fryatt !!! as
well as the Acorn !Help.

However, I'm constantly getting the same effect on my RiscPC that Netsurf
won't recognise them from the iconbar. I can only use after accessing them
through the Netsurf menu. I tried removing everything I could from the icon
bar to see if anything was clashing but to no avail. Short of de-populating
my "Run" & "Boot" lists in Configuration ( a somewhat time consuming task), I
may never know the cause. I'll live with it.

I've discovered all the Help applications work as expected on my PC running
Virtual Acorn & that has many of the same apps loaded at startup.

I must be in a Bermuda Triangle or on a Ley Line or something.

Just have to leave it unexplained. Not a biggy. Thanks for your replies.

If anyone replicates the problem or finds the answer at some future point I'd
be interested to know.

Regards to all a a big thanks to all the developers who are working so hard.

--
Chris