In article <ccd9b80a52.gra...@durain.demon.co.uk>,
   Graham Pickles <gra...@durain.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> <!-- starts comment but --> (not as far as I know --!> terminates
> comment. I wonder whether the second ! is upsetting things.
> It appears that the whole of the remainder of the text might be being
> treated as part of the comment by NetSurf. Certainly viewing text in
> StrongED HTML mode indicates this. A little experimentation is called
> for when I have some time to spare.

Undoubtedly so - the comment is never closed.  Correcting the close-comment
tags makes the whole thing work!

Whether this special case error is worth auto-compensating for or not is up
to the developers - but if others get it 'right', who knows!

How many special-case errors in coding should we accommodate?

John