HI,

I have a Mac PPC G5 running OS 10.5.8 and was disappointed when NetSurf 2.7
wouldn't run on it. Since receiving your post below I have downloaded and
installed Xcode 3.1.3 (there's supposed to be a 3.1.4 but I can't find it) and
now Netsurf runs a treat on my Mac.

Many thanks for that information.

Alan

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:44:49 +1300, Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org>
wrote:

In article <51c7d8ae87nix...@waitrose.com>,
   Tricia <nix...@waitrose.com> wrote:

> I have just tried NetSurf 2.7 for Mac and it downloads and unzips but
> won't run. The error message is  "Base style sheet failed to load". It
> then quits.

> I am running OS 10.5.8 on a G5 PPC.

The same happens here, but with OS 10.6.7 on an Intel iMac.
Disappointing, as I was so pleased to see the port for Mac OS X.

The NetSurf 2.8 release should work on Intel macs with 10.6 or later:

    http://www.netsurf-browser.org/downloads/macosx/

NetSurf 2.7 should work on older PPC macs, however to get NetSurf 2.7
working you need to install xcode, which sets the MIME mapping for CSS.