There is a problem with accented characters in some webpage text
areas. (and as this note contains accented characters I fear it may
not be readable by all mail clients)

These two links demonstrate the problem.
Link (a) accepts accents, link (b) does not.

(a)  http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

(b)  http://translate.google.com/

You can see the behavior by:-  setting the language pairs to
Spanish/English, and pasting the following text

    SILLÓN: respuesta positiva de Yoko Ono a John.

then clicking Translate.

For me, at any rate, the Google page replaces the accented character
by a question mark.
If I replace the accented "ø" by "O" Google manages to read it.
The Yahoo page works without complaint.

I think this is a NetSurf feature rather than Google's as on Linux
Firefox Google accepts the accents. And FWIW NetSurf has always
behaved this way.

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the