On 22 Nov 2012  Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> [snip]

>> Whereas with #665 and RISC OS 5.19 on an ARMini, while I did have the
>> file truncated a while ago, it doesn't seem to be happening now. Not,
>> at least, till the fairy dust that a friend is sure inhabits all
>> computers sees this message :-)

> That happened sooner than I expected! I imported a 32K hotlist from
> the backup of the late Iyo, and ran NetSurf, and then quitted it.
> There was a bleep, and 32K suddenly became 8K. Is it something to do
> with the size of the hotlist perhaps?

> Looking back, I have had a couple of unexplained bleeps when shutting
> down the machine, and I now know why!

It gets even odder. I tried today to do something I've done many times
before, so that I could search the global history. What I do is to
open the global history from the icon bar icon, do menu over the
history > History > Export, and drag the file to the icon bar icon.
This opens the hotlist in HTML, and you can then use the search
option. Today, when I got to the stage of dragging the icon to the
icon bar I get the weird error message "Unable to save the hotlist",
(yes, hotlist!) with a beep, but NetSurf doesn't crash. I have the
logfile, and will report this on the bug-tracker, in the hope that
this possibly might shed some light on what's going on.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.