In article <5328da581e...@timil.com>,
   Tim Hill <t...@timil.com> wrote:
> In article
> <49255.86.154.45.205.1362675722.squir...@email.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
>    Learning Partners <lp.bo...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> [Snip]

> Thanks for the summary.

> > This may have been available for ARM based tablet
> > users. Sadly no more unless it has moved its address.

> At least an ARM based tablet with Android has browsers where you can
> specify the User Agent (e.g. Android, Desktop, iPhone, iPad, Custom).
> "Desktop" being the most useful but Android (mobile) is sometimes useful
> too (e.g. when tethered). There isn't necessarily one answer to 'which
> user agent?' on some devices. 'Flexibility' is the key word.
> 'Configurable' is another. ;-)

Well, Risc OS does have other browsers which will get to the BBC main site
- sadly they don't then display it very well (to put it mildly).
Presumably Netsurf just has to have Browse, Fresco, Oregano 1 & 2's ability
to pretend to be something else and all would be well.

I seem to remember some earlier discussion as to why it doesn't but can't
seem to find it.

Alan

--
Alan Calder, Milton Keynes, UK.