On 7 Mar 2013 Learning Partners wrote:

> As someone who requires a stable version I am still using 2.9. I worked
> round the problem by redirecting the BBC link to the mobile desktop page
> which gave access to standard BBC content. But now in their wisdom the BBC
> have deleted this so I am back to square one. Considering their clucking
> over the raspberry pi you would think .... no large organisation,
> different hands, no co-ordination! Richard, you could let them know that
> apparently very large numbers of the little wonders have been sold which
> might help us on legacy hardware!

Yes, will do. I've just got another reply from the Beeb:

"Please note that the issue was once again escalated to Future Media
and finding that your browser is NetSurf running under RISC OS 6.16
running on a StrongARM powered RiscPC informed that this is old
technology and may explain why you are being directed to the mobile
version of the website. Unfortunately, this browser is not supported
by BBC iPlayer and therefore you are experiencing the problem.

"I realise this may be disappointing however I hope this helps to
clarify the situation."

I have already told them that the complaint did not relate to iPlayer
which I don't expect to run on RISC OS, though I may have mentioned
that it produces totally misleading error messages if you try.

Richard
--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com