Richard Porter  wrote on 5 Jul:

> On 5 Jul 2013 Jim Nagel  wrote:
>> And, while on the subject of Sourceforge, does its print really need
>> to be so tiny, given the acres of white space?  And does the print
>> need to be grey rather than black?  (Is this grey a current fashion
>> among website designers or is it my eyesight?!?  If grey, I presume it
>> is controlled by something in CSS.)

> That sort of thing is annoying. I like Oregano's option to disable
> "Use document colours". Pity we haven't got something similar in NS. I
> probably raised it as a feature request in the dim and distant past.

I have confirmation from somebody who knows more about CSS than I do:

     Yeah, most text color seems to be set to #555555 or #5e5e5e.

So the tiny text on the Sourceforge page IS grey.  The unanswerable
question then is:  For pity's sake, Why?

I also asked him:   Is there something in the Sourceforge CSS that
prevents linelength from changing when the window is resized?

     The pages have fixed widths, so they're ignoring the width
     of the browser window.

I had a good moan to him:   Tiny grey text amid acres of blank page is
a real peeve, especially for people whose eyesight is no longer that
of a 23-year-old.  And it seems to be a widespread fashion among
web-designers for the past couple of years.  Grrrr.

     You could use a user stylesheet to override that kind of
     thing if you like.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk