Brian Bailey wrote on 11 Feb:
> ... I'm not into guessology. # is not a British convention
> anyway so far as I am aware, for some 80ish years, it's a hindrance! Why
> put it there when it serves no useful purpose, I ask?

You'd think the software behind the bug-tracker could simply ignore
the "#" if people type it in this box.  It would seem natural enough
for a user to type it, since "#" is shown loud&clear in the Netsurf
info box as part of the version number.

Hits on the same pet peeve as websites that throw hissyfits if you
type a credit-card number exactly as shown on the card with the spaces
that make it human-readable and human-checkable.  Ditto phone numbers.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk