On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:59:06 GMT Jim Nagel wrote:

> You'd think the software behind the bug-tracker could simply ignore
> the "#" if people type it in this box.  It would seem natural enough
> for a user to type it, since "#" is shown loud&clear in the Netsurf
> info box as part of the version number.
>
> Hits on the same pet peeve as websites that throw hissyfits if you
> type a credit-card number exactly as shown on the card with the spaces
> that make it human-readable and human-checkable.  Ditto phone numbers.

Agreed!

This does suggest that Netsurf should display its version number in
the Info box WITHOUT the hash.  The hash doesn't add anything.  This
thread indicates that it has confused users.

I think Netsurf is alone in RISC OS applications in having a version
number incorporating a hash.

Dave

Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click.
Visit http://www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!