In message <392690ba54.harr...@blueyonder.co.uk>
          Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

> I've been told by a webmaster that Netsurf doesn't log into his site
> properly because the timestamps on the cookies that it is creating are set
> wrongly (that is, they are set to expire in 1970).   Is there any way of
> manipulating the cookie data manually to check this theory?

I think so. The file <Choices$Write>.WWW.NetSurf.Cookies appears to be
a TSV (tab separated variable) file. The first 8 lines are comments,
starting with a hash (#). The 8-th comment line shows what the fields in each
line mean. For example the 8-th is date of expiry, the 9-th the date last used.
It should be straightforward to manipulate this data, e.g. with a
StrongED script. I would be happy to provide you with one if you say what it
is you would like it to do. I think NetSurf handles cookies internally,
those who know the inward workings of NetSurf will correct me here
if I am wrong.

Myself, I delete all cookies when I shut the computer down.
--
Gavin Wraith (ga...@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/