On 27 Apr 2015 as I do recall,
          Gavin Wraith  wrote:

> In message <392690ba54.harr...@blueyonder.co.uk>
>           Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > I've been told by a webmaster that Netsurf doesn't log into his site
> > properly because the timestamps on the cookies that it is creating are set
> > wrongly (that is, they are set to expire in 1970).   Is there any way of
> > manipulating the cookie data manually to check this theory?
>
> I think so. The file <Choices$Write>.WWW.NetSurf.Cookies appears to be
> a TSV (tab separated variable) file. The first 8 lines are comments,
> starting with a hash (#). The 8-th comment line shows what the fields in each
> line mean. For example the 8-th is date of expiry, the 9-th the date last
> used.
> It should be straightforward to manipulate this data, e.g. with a
> StrongED script. I would be happy to provide you with one if you say what it
> is you would like it to do. I think NetSurf handles cookies internally,

Yes, it looks as if they get written back on quitting.   Which makes sense,
but renders my proposed experiment rather moot, unfortunately, since it
wouldn't of course alter the data in memory actually being used.

But I think this may be a red herring in any case.   I managed to get the
current batch of cookies for this site to reset their dates to the current
era as an unexpected side-effect of using the 'Remember me' option (which I
take it saves cookies intended to be reused between sessions).  After
quitting and reloading Netsurf is now displaying and presumably sending out
the reloaded data with correct(?) expiry dates of June 28th instead of
January 1970, but the site still isn't accepting the log-in properly --
apparently not the cause of the issue after all.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.