On 29 Apr, Rob Kendrick wrote in message
    <20150429135240.gl11...@platypus.pepperfish.net>:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 02:42:43PM +0100, cj wrote:
> > In article <54bbe96175li...@torrens.org.uk>,
> >    Richard Torrens (lists) <li...@torrens.org.uk> wrote:
> > > write a request to comp.sys.acorn.programmer to see if you can
> > > interest anyone there in joining the team. There may well be someone
> > > who is capable, could be interested, but does not subscribe to this
> > > list.
> >
> > There has been talk in various forums about the problem.

It was discussed in a *LOT* of depth on the ROOL forums not all that long
ago; that discussion spread out on to the NetSurf Dev mailing list.

> > The first thing that gets stressed is that in order to compile NetSurf
> > (essential in order to test even the smallest change) you need to be
> > using GCC and the autobuilder under linux. That is an immediate and very
> > major obstacle to several people who have expressed some interest.
>
> I spent some time writing a HOWTO document outlining how to set up a
> cross-compiling environment using a virtual machine (so it can be done on
> Windows machines as well as on Linux).  Sadly few people seem to have
> taken advantage of it.

Indeed. Two people were interested, I gave up a few evenings when I should
have been doing other things to document some bits and pieces as an
introduction to the RISC OS front-end before they lost that interest, a
couple of patches came in... and then it went quiet.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/