On 7 Nov 2015  John Rickman Iyonix <rick...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> Peter Young  wrote

>> Not an answer to the question as asked, but with #3048 the page loads
>> in 0.2 seconds.

> Apologies, it was not clear from my post that the problem was with
> links to magazines on the quoted URL and not with the URL itself

> http://www.gaydon.org.uk/mags.html points to a list of magazines. This
> page loads quickly but links out of this page to a monthly magazine
> take a long time.
> eg http://www.gaydon.org.uk/mags/mag1511.html

And apologies from me for misunderstanding. However, I've just
downloaded, from the front page,  in 0.2 seconds with the same NetSurf
build.

ARMX6, by the way, with RISC OS 5.23, and  gigabit switch between the
computer, which for me speeds things up a lot.

However, downloading the same page from the URL in this message has
taken 30.2 seconds. Odd! Perhaps someone clever can tell why?

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Os) and family