In message <50cad93255.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>
          Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2015  Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdg...@inbox.com> wrote:

>> Brian <bbai...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Also, perhaps not very helpful, clicking on a link in Pluto, so
>>> far as I can remember, always works here.

>> Are we talking about the same thing here?

> Possibly not. I was referring to double-clicking an HTML file on my
> hard disc. However ...

>> - Quit NetSurf
>> - Open a taskwindow
>> - Enter:
>>   *uridispatch http://www.ikke.no/

>> What happens?

>> I would expect NetSurf to start and open a window with www.ikke.no.

> ... and I've tried that, using both http://www.ikke.no/ and
> www.google.co.uk in a taskwindow, with NetSurf not running, and in
> both cases NetSurf loads and the page is opened.

I have an obey file on my pinboard containing several (6) *uridispatch
commands. This worked OK until the RO 5.23 upgrade, after which an
error occurred for all but one website from the list - at which point
!Netsurf loaded and so did the one site. Loading the AcornURI v1.04
(20 May 2006) © Christian Ludlam at bootup restores expected
functionality.

Note: if !Netsurf is pre-loaded on to the icon bar before the obey
file is executed, all sites loaded as expected - whichever AcornURI
version was loaded.

Hope that helps pinpoint the prob.

ARMX6, RO 5.23 (R-Comp version), latest !Netsurf

--
Allan Bennett