All the NetSurf web services [1] are now securely accessible. This has
been made possible by the lets encrypt service [2] providing no cost
certificates and pepperfish proving the infrastructure to manage them.

We are making this change to ensure our users privacy is protected.
The NetSurf project collects no personally identifying data
about users of our web services except that required to provide the
service [3] and we do not believe third parties should be able to
intercept such information either.

Daniel Silverstone and myself have now updated all the NetSurf
infrastructure to make https available. It is intended that after a
short stabilisation period that web server and wiki will have HSTS [4]
enabled. Once this occurs only encrypted connections will be
available to NetSurf services.

Please ensure there are no issues with the secure sites (let us know
if there are!) and update any links you may have in external
documents.

[1] https://www.netsurf-browser.org/
    https://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/
    https://bugs.netsurf-browser.org/
    https://ci.netsurf-browser.org/

[2] https://letsencrypt.org/

[3] The bugs interface requires a user identifier and email address
    which are required to use the service and we do not use
    that data for any other purpose than tracking bugs.

[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

--
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/