In message <20180718092657.gc8...@kyllikki.org>
          Vincent Sanders <vi...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

>All the NetSurf web services [1] are now securely accessible. This has
>been made possible by the lets encrypt service [2] providing no cost
>certificates and pepperfish proving the infrastructure to manage them.
>
>We are making this change to ensure our users privacy is protected.
>The NetSurf project collects no personally identifying data
>about users of our web services except that required to provide the
>service [3] and we do not believe third parties should be able to
>intercept such information either.
>
>Daniel Silverstone and myself have now updated all the NetSurf
>infrastructure to make https available. It is intended that after a
>short stabilisation period that web server and wiki will have HSTS [4]
>enabled. Once this occurs only encrypted connections will be
>available to NetSurf services.
>
>Please ensure there are no issues with the secure sites (let us know
>if there are!) and update any links you may have in external
>documents.
>
>[1] https://www.netsurf-browser.org/
>    https://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/
>    https://bugs.netsurf-browser.org/
>    https://ci.netsurf-browser.org/
>
>[2] https://letsencrypt.org/
>
>[3] The bugs interface requires a user identifier and email address
>    which are required to use the service and we do not use
>    that data for any other purpose than tracking bugs.
>
>[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

Left-click on the NS icon opens file:///NetSurf:/Resources/en/welcome.html
whose links are entirely http rather then https, AFAICS.  Is this what
you intend?

Also I notice that the !Fetch_NS app no longer works, complaining of
an incorrectly formatted filename at line 24.  Probably not your
problem, but I struggle to see how it works and thus how the error
occurs.  Help would be appreciated!

Dave