On 29/12/2023 12:02, psl...@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
Hi all,

I hadn't updated Netsurf on my Atari 68060@60MHz) since before January.

I have always found the Atari build to be extremely slow, 5-10 minutes or more to render a page being normal and I think it's the ssl that hurts it most. So it's not greatly usable but I do use it download FreeMint OS updates.

60MHz is not very much to work with, tbh, so I am not entirely surprised that things are slow, particularly given the ever-increasing complexity of the modern web.

However, the last few versions I had tried would timeout before rendering anything.

That was why I was still using build 5366 from 2022.

Yesterday I installed 6637 and it still gives Timeouts. The only page that would work was http.  I increased the curl timeout to 300 with no change.

All of the support libraries have been upgraded in the last year, including migrating to OpenSSL 3. These are significant changes so may have introduced some brokenness at some point.

Sadly, the Atari frontend has no maintainer (any changes are mostly to make it build after changes to other parts of the code) so, although CI continues to spit out binary builds, these are never tested (and none of the core developers has any specific Atari knowledge or any appropriate hardware/emulator so cannot test them, either).

As ever, if someone is able to work out a fix, we'll happily take a patch containing it!

John-Mark.