I highly doubt you really want to do that.  It will break a lot of
applications that have related connections and similar issues.  If you are
interested in past attempts the site http://lartc.org/ is a old, yet mostly
relevant source of information.  If you are going to do advanced routing you
should get used to using the iproute2 util instead of route, arp, etc
because you can not get all the needed info with the deprecated routing
utils.

--
John