On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM, John Mahoney <jmaho...@waav.com> wrote:

> Yeah too good to be true.  I see two ways to change the timeout.
>
> 1.Change this - /NetworkManager/src/dhcp-manager/nm-dhcp-manager.c:#define
> NM_DHCP_TIMEOUT   45 /* DHCP timeout, in seconds */
>
> OR
>
> 2. call this function somehere? /NetworkManager/src/nm-device-olpc-mesh.c:
> nm_device_set_dhcp_timeout
> (NM_DEVICE (self), 20);
>
> To compile follow:
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.git
> cd NetworkManager
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
> make
> sudo make install
>
> There are alteast 10 dev packages you will have to install, but keep
> running
> autogen.sh and when it fails go hunt down the dev package.  Note some are
> not obvious by the name.

PS grab the code from the network manager ppa if you are using ubuntu.  I do
not believe the the git command I specified works out of the box.  Network
manager is a tricky package to build because there are so many
package dependencies . At least you are not cross compiling it;) Dan
Williams tends to bang out answers around Friday every week so if you wait
til then you may get a answer from a pro!