----- Original Message -----

Apparently the problem is releated to libnl included in Ubuntu packages. This
package cannot be removed painlessly and obviously conflicts with the one built
from source.
In my case solution is to choose newer Ubuntu distro (13.10) as Ubuntu 12.04
LTS obvioulsy getting old after all.

Thank you all for the input.

Uldis