On 01/06/2014 12:54 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> Manually modifying ifcfg files is definitely supported, though by
> default you'll need to use "nmcli con reload" to tell NetworkManager
> that you've made a change directly.  (Alternatively, NM can
> automatically notice changes if you set "monitor-connection-files=yes"
> in the [main] section of NetworkManager.conf).

I just tried this and works like a charm!  I had no idea about this
option.  Thanks.

> NetworkManager 0.9 and later try to be better team players in the
> system, and will read the existing configuration from a network
> interface on startup and use that as a "runtime" connection.  Which is
> why your restart didn't apply that changed configuration, because NM
> picked up the interface's existing configuration.
>
> To apply changes that you've made, either through the GUI tools or
> through direct editing of config files, or through nmcli, you want to do
> a "reconnect" cycle:
>
> nmcli dev disconnect em1
> nmcli con up my-new-em1

Ok, I removed the monitor-connection-files' option and bounced the
service and then modified the ifcfg-* file and tried the above commands
but it doesn't work.  It doesn't pick-up the changes.  I even tried:

nmcli con down my-new-em1
nmcli dev disconnect em1
nmcli con up my-new-em1
nmcli con reload

...but still the same problem.

Is there any missing command to perform the proper reconnect cycle?

Thanks!
Jorge