On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 06:59 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 10:16 +0200, Beniamino Galvani via
> networkmanager-list wrote:
> > Are you sure you don't have other daemons like systemd-networkd
>
> # repoquery -q systemd-networkd
> systemd-networkd-0:219-62.el7_6.6.x86_64
>
> # rpm -q systemd-networkd
> package systemd-networkd is not installed
>

> So, not even installed.
>
> > or
> > something else active which are racing with NM?
>
> Fairly sure there is nothing else.

If this is happening, when you kill NetworkManager with SIGKILL, it
would not give NetworkManager to cleanup...

  sudo killall -SIGKILL NetworkManager

(and veryify that NetworkManager is indeed not running. Maybe first
`systemctl mask NetworkManager`, so that systemd won't restart it).

If then the RS flood stops, we know it was sent by NetworkManager.
Otherwise, it wasn't.

For now, I would guess that kernel is sending these solicitations... if
that's the case, the sysctl settings would be interesting:

  grep -R ^ /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/

best,
Thomas