On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 09:43:53PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Err, doesn't destruction of the mutex wake everyone up?
> Oh, wait, does every process share the same mutex?

Yup.  accept_mutex is CROSS_PROCESS.  See?

That's the rub.  You can't destroy it.  Otherwise, you'd screw the
other child processes which shouldn't be killed off.

Which is why I'm saying it is invalid to have multiple child process
in a threaded MPM.

> > And, destroying its parent pool does *NOT* destroy the thread.
> > Look at the code again.
>
> Well, it should, although it may not do so now.

That's impossible to do.  Another thread can not indicate that a thread
should exit with the threading libraries (safely).  It must have some
OOB way of doing so (which we have).  The only problem is that our
thread is stuck in an *uninterruptable* operation.  If that operation
were interruptable OR that thread received the mutex, then it'd check
the workers_may_exit flag.  Then, it'd exit.   -- justin