Hint trovato, se può servire:

Note the "valid users" line above. Windows has a username and password
scheme, which looks nothing at all like the Unix one. And unlike a certain
round-heeled excuse for an operating system, Unix (Linux) is not about to
let some stranger start messing around with its files without so much as a
"Hi, how are you?" What do we do about that?

The answer is, we set up a separate, parallel username and password system
especially for smb. Before you can allow smb connections, you need to create
this username database with the smbpasswd program, and set Windows-style
passwords for the users you add to it.

It's not that hard, actually:

  % smbpasswd -c  #  Create a new smbpasswd file -- ONE TIME ONLY!
  % smbpasswd -a hoser
  New SMB password: razzbat
  Retype new SMB password: razzbat
  Added user hoser.
  Password changed for user hoser.
  %

Now the Windows user named HOSER can log on to your SMB share with the
password RAZZBAT -- and in true Windows fashion, it doesn't care about
uppercase vs lowercase letters. If you make this password the same as the
one you use to start Windows, the Linux shares should be visible just like
any other Windows share. If they aren't the same, Windows should prompt you
when you try to connect and also offer to save the password for reuse.

You only use the -c option to create the file -- once you have created the
file, don't ever use the -c option again, or it will blow away your existing
file and all the passwords you've added!

To add a user once you have created the smbpasswd file, you will use
smbpasswd -a username:

  % smbpasswd mamacita
  New SMB password:
  Retype new SMB password:
  Failed to find entry for user mamacita.
  Failed to change password entry for mamacita
  # D'oh!  You have to ADD mamacita with -a !
  % smbpasswd -a mamacita
  New SMB password:
  Retype new SMB password:
  Added user mamacita.
  Password changed for user mamacita.
  %

To change the password for an existing user, just use smbpasswd username. If
you have enabled the password synchronization script in your smb.conf file,
changing the SMB password will also update that user's Linux password.

Cu s%N!
Ciaociao & Byez ! L8r \\marco
[www] http://members.xoom.it/verbal_666 ||| http://surf.to/verbal_666
[email] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ||| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |||
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[icq] 19758469

] do you have an opinion ?
] a mind of your own ?
] i thought you were special.
] i thought you should know.
] but i've run out of patience,
] i couldn't care less.

] now i lay me down to sleep,
] pray the Lord my soul to keep,
] if i die before i wake,
] pray the Lord my soul to take.

] 10 hippopotamuses to change your mind.

] Dance! Even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

] oh my God, it's full of stars!