What a response to my last problem -- I did finally deduce that passing "hdc=cdrom" on to the kernel before install fixed the problem -- now, two more.

1.)   I have a Quantum3D Raven (Voodoo Banshee chipset) 3Dfx card -- How can I get it to work with KDE?  Besides Generic VGA 640x480...

2.)  Is there a simple way to recompile my kernel with the 486/Pentium instruction sets?  I understand that distribution Linux is made to work on the lowest common denominator -- the i386.  I have tried "make menuconfig" but it says something about not being able to find makefile.  Any EASY way to do this (without cryptic HOWTOs) would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help!

Paul