Not exactly a Mandrake specific question, but there's lots of good advice here.

We've just moved one of our servers from WinNT to Mandrake 5.3 this
weekend.  No problems with desktop's etc., since the machine is basically
just a big file and print server.  However, what we've discovered is that
*EVERYBODY* is used to walking up to the server bank and punching the
Ctrl-Alt-Del combination to get a prompt on the screen. That's fine for the
servers which are still NT boxes, but this Linux box proceeds to reboot,
causing problems for everyone.

I looked over the man pages for reboot and ctrlaltdel, but didn't see an
obvious way to disable the default behavior. It seems the only choices are
a hard reboot or a soft reboot, but no choice to disable rebooting? What am
I missing?

Michael
--
Michael R. Batchelor
Industrial Informatics & Instrumentation, Inc.