Adam Wright wrote:

> My CPU speed is a little ole 486 DX2/66. I have a feeling that this might be
> the problem. I am not really sure about what you told me to try. Should that
> be typed in exactly like that at the command line?

Hmmm... I don't think all the perfect scheduling in the WORLD is going
to help a DX2/66 play .mp3's decently.  You might want to try something
like mpg123 that'll allow buffering of the file so you don't get as many
skips.  You'll probably even end up playing them at something around
22kHz and mono...  Been along time since I've owned a DX2/66.

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]