More and more computers now days come with a 'winmodem' instead of a true
modem. I have a small computer business, and I decided a while back that I
would only sell computers with 3Com/U.S. Robotics modems. Sure, they are
about 3-4 times the price of the cheap Lucent and Rockwell based winmodems,
but they more than make up for it in reliability of connections and lack of
problems. Just my opinion....

BTW-they work great in Linux!

Eric Giles