Russ Westbrook wrote:

> I suppose there is no way to set it up to skip this part and go
> directly to  the desktop?

        Which part?  The logging in?  No, there isn't, at least not as far as I
know (this is a feature, not a bug <g> -- it's inherent in a Unix-type
OS).  However, you can get the system to start up with a graphical login
screen, rather than a text-based one.  To do this, you need to edit
/etc/inittab, and change the line that says

        id:3:initdefault:

to say

        id:5:initdefault:

...at least, I _think_ that's it; I'm working largely off memory here.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good