> It will depend on what you want to try.  To move from the full desktop
> of KDE to a simple window manager, it's just a matter of installing the
> window manager and editing one file.
>
> I recently downloaded the GNOME 1.0 packages to give them a try.  After
> quite a while of downloading, the installation was painless.  The result
> clearly shouldn't have been released as stable, but...

Painless ??? HOW ??? I can't install it, I have a bunch of dep. problems
! :(
If I force the installation, even Gimp don't work after that... Please
post the way to install it !

I have another cool problem... ;)
KVIRC seems to crash my whole X11 server and exit KDE pretty quick
sometimes, I don't know why. And It says it don't find the "langage
file" (I don't remember the exact name) for french in my case...
Everything was ok the last time I installed Mandrake 5.3.
KVIRC can't even go in a channel after the connection (channel don't
exist it says...), I really don't get it this time... :(

Arnaud.