you user "root" for your login name and the password they asked you durring
the install for your password. Also you might want to check out the
/docs/mandrake/en ...or something similiar for first time use...it tells
you this and how to make your first user.  once that happens you can type
startx to get you into the kde eviro

Hope this helps
Tim