> Pat & David Leathers wrote:
>
> Hi
> Could someone recommend a good book for mandrake.  It would be for
> someone totally new to Linux or Unix.  It would be nice if it included
> installation and operation instruction.
>
> Thanks:
> David:

Mandrake is actually Red Hat with KDE as it's GUI. Any book about Red
Hat will get you started.
However, KDE as far as my search experience has come up with only two
choices.
1. Learn German, I've included a reply from one search:
On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Sam Bonham wrote:

> I'm looking for your book title, KDE, ISBN 3-932311-50-7, but haven't
> been able to find it in the USA. I am hoping this is a user guide and
> not so much on the technical development issue. Is there an English copy
> available, if so where can I get it?

Hi,

at the moment, there is only the german version available. I
guess you should be able to order it with some of the mail
order bookstores, like amazon. An english version is planned,
but it might still take some tome until it is finished, if
ever.

It is mostly a novice users guide, but it also contains one
chapter about KDE development.

Bye,
Matthias.

 Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2. Wait for the month of May (delayed from the March date) to read
"Teach Yourself KDE in 24 Hours". I have it on order with Barnes and
Noble.

If you find other sources for KDE let me know.

Sam