From: Pat & David Leathers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 1999 4:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Before I Start:

Hi:

Right now I'm running win95.  Within the next week or so I plan to upgrade
to win98.  I have also ordered a disk with mandrake-5.3.  What I would like
to do is to set these up so I can dual boot into win98 or linux.

My question is where can I go or how can I get all the information that I
will need to do this?  What information do I need to have before I start the
installation of linux?  Does Linux support fat-32? I will end up with two
separate hard disk one 3.2 gig and one 3.2 or 6.4 gig.  Would it be better
to put win98 on one and Lunix on another?  After I get win98 up and running
good, will it be possible not to mess it up when I install Linux--So I can
ask questions online if I need too?

One thing that bothers me is that most folks seem to have big problems
getting Linux installed.  I have been reading some news-groups and there are
numerous horror stories.  But from what I have heard it is very hard to
install Lunix.  I thought that it would be best to prepare as best as I can.

Thanks
David: