Good Lord, I don't even think Linus himself could explain how to use vi  ;)

I'm a big fan of pico... but thanks Gael nonetheless.

Paul
----- Original Message -----
From: Gael Duval
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 1999 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Klogin?

> OK, so what do I do if I accidentally set my runlevel to 5 BEFORE reading your warning,
> Gael?   ;)  I am indeed caught in a loop... and can't exit the X server without
> rebooting.

you need to reboot in single-user mode (LILO: linux single), edit
/etc/inittab with vi and change it back to runlevel 3.

Please don't ask me how to use vi. I don't have the time to answer ;-)

Greets,

Gael.
--
< Gael DUVAL - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://linuxmandrake.com >
QPL : "With the release of this license, KDE and the Qt Free Edition