Bob Bonifield wrote:

> Hey, I had the same problem many a time....
>
> What you need to do is look in your /etc/rc.d/rc.modules and make sure that
> the insdmod line is there....example:
>
> insmod /location/of/module/driver.o

Thanks - I'm actually starting to get somewhere now:
I didn't have a file called rc.modules anywhere so I created one and put in
just that one line insmod ....

Now when I click on activate in net.cfg it says something about DHCP and eth0
and pauses for a while and then says ... failed.

Now its no longer an ethernet card problem but a cable modem problem because
the PC light on my cable modem isnt lighting up like it does during a Windows
boot.